The City of Brainerd received assistance to create a master plan through the University of Minnesota’s Center for Rural Design. This year-long process of community engagement, planning, and visioning resulted in the Mississippi River Partnership Plan.
Five essential planning principles from the plan are guiding the implementation efforts:
- Expand access to the river
- Educate about the value and benefits of the river
- Preserve/enhance ecological health
- Encourage private development/redevelopment
- Promote partnerships among public agencies, private land owners, developers, special user groups, and interested citizens
Click here to download a copy of the Mississippi River Partnership Plan.